MIC has released official guidance (Document 2902/BTTTT-KHCN) for the implementation of Circular 05/2019/TT-BTTTT.
The guidance document includes:
- MIC have subsequently confirmed (after publication of their guidance) that Bluetooth, Zigbee and 2.4GHz RF devices will still be exempt from approval as long as power is less than 60mW.
- MIC confirm CISPR 32:2015 test report (issued by designated local test lab or oversea labs recognized by MIC Vietnam) can replace report according to QCVN 118:2018/BTTTT.
- 2. For laptops, notebooks, or tablets imported at small quantity, importer may ask permission to use test report issued by oversea ISO/IEC 17025 accredited test laboratory for declaration of conformity of lithium battery to complete Product Quality Inspection Registration (PQIR) procedure.
- 3. MIC continues to allow test item under extreme test conditions can be covered by declaration of conformity on product datasheet or test report issued by overseas ISO/IEC 17025 accredited test laboratory
- 4. MIC continues to allow test report for DVB-T2 chassis/platform can be used for declaration of conformity for DVB-T2 smart TiVi.
- 5. MIC re-confirms that only test report issued by designated local test laboratory or oversea test laboratory recognized by MIC Vietnam under MRA can be used for declaration of conformity for lithium battery (for formal cases, not including special cases mentioned under item 4)
- 6. For certain standards (which are mostly applicable for marine transceiver and transmitter), MIC allows to use test reports issued by manufacturer or oversea ISO / IEC 17025 accredited test laboratories for conformity certification and declaration of conformity.
Circular 05/2019/TT-BTTTT of July 2019 replaced Circular 04/2018/TT-BTTTT covering the requirements for products subject to MIC type approval.