The Malaysian Communications and Multimedia Commission (MCMC) has issued a new Technical Standard for IPv6 compliance (MCMC MTSFB TC T013:2019). From the foreword of this new standard:
This technical code for Internet Protocol version 6 (IPv6) – Equipment Compliance (First Revision) (‘this Technical Code’) was developed pursuant to section 185 of the Act 588 by the Malaysian Technical Standard Forum Bhd (MTSFB) via its Internet Protocol version 6 Working Group.
This Technical Code was developed for the purpose of certifying communications equipment under the Communications and Multimedia (Technical Standards) Regulations 2000.
Major modifications in this revision are as follows:
- revision of normative references that are not applicable;
- revised list and updated obsolete Request for Comments (RFC);
- refined the category of equipment as non-exhaustive examples of equipment which are subjected to this Technical Code;
- 5-core compliance requirements for the categories of equipment as minimum specifications for compliance purposes; and
- IPv6 Forum’s IPv6 Ready Test plans such as UNH-IOL Test Specification Core Protocol v4.0.7 is referred to for IPv6 Compliance Requirement.
This Technical Code cancels and replaces the MCMC MTSFB TC T013:2016, Specifications for Internet Protocol version 6 (IPv6) Compliant Equipment.