The Radio Advisory Board of Canada (RABC) has started a consultation on the following radio standard:
The major changes for Issue 5 are listed as:
- Transfer requirements for devices operating in the band 24-24. 25 GHz to RSS-210, Licence Exempt Radio Apparatus: Category I Equipment. These devices are now required to be certified under RSS-210.
- Add provision for transition period.
- Refer to RSS-Gen, General Requirements for Compliance of Radio Apparatus for required text to be inserted into user manuals.
- Remove provision for electronic labelling of equipment as this provision is now provided in RSS-Gen.
- Remove requirements for Category II receivers as these receivers are now covered in RSS-Gen.
- Remove exemption from any requirement for infrared wireless devices.
- Update requirements for alternating current (AC) wire carrier current devices.
- Update general information.