ACMA has recently consulted on proposed changes to the LIPD Class License.
These proposed updates considered:
- updating and expending existing 60 GHz arrangements (57–66 GHz) for data communication systems, including 5G. Specifically:
- adding the 66–71 GHz frequency band
- updating existing arrangements in the 57–66 GHz band regarding indoor and outdoor data communications systems.
- adding new arrangements for ‘all transmitters’ in the 57–64 GHz band
- revising arrangements for underground transmitters in certain bands supporting fixed and mobile services from 70–520 MHz
- adding support for higher power radiodetermination transmitters, i.e. radars operating in the 76–77 GHz frequency band
- adding support for ground and wall penetration radar as adjunct to current apparatus licence arrangements (30–12,400 MHz)
- aligning existing arrangements for ultra-wideband devices with US and European arrangements for generic (indoor and hand-held) devices (3,100–3,400 MHz and 8,500–9,000 MHz) and aircraft applications (6,000–8,500 MHz).